Sign up for our mailing list.
Search this site!
- Serenity, Courage, and Wisdom
- Instant Gratification
- I Miss You!
- Right Now
- I Have What I Need Today
- Staying Calm In the Storm
- You Are Plenty Good Enough
- Keep It Moving Forward/You Are Not Alone!
- When It is Time
- Coming To!
- Maybe It’s Time To Do What Makes No Sense
- Your Best!
- Roy Eugene Davis 1931-2019
- What We Are, “Trying to BE!”
- The, “Inner Transformation”
- Emotional Balance
- Let It Out
- How You Feel About What You Feel
- A Meditation/Imagination Exercise
- Superiority. It’s An Epidemic
- Being Okay When It Is Not Okay
- What Do You See?
- Change What You Can
- Your, “Spiritual Practice”
- “Come Sunday” (An Expansion of Consciousness)
- The Need to Attack
- Kathleen Annie Mitchell Shiver 1940-2017
- When It All Goes Out the Window
- Underneath the Skin
- The Broken
- Coming Up to Be Healed
- One Last Look
- Prayer and Perception
- The Misperception of Perception
- A Log Truck Driver Meditates
- Getting Answers
- So What?
- There Is A Plan
- A Humbling Vision
- Life Is Like A Relay Race
- What If You Already Are?
- The Expanding Consciousness
- Getting Sucked In To the News
- On Easter
- The “Work” of Meditation
- Not A Cloud In the Sky (An Omen?)
- The Crisis at Mid-Life
- On Being Content
- We Are A Lot Alike
- You Only Get To Do This Once
All PostsClick here to view the list of all posts by title
Tag Archives: sadness
I have been working a seasonal job in a call center to make extra money this holiday season.
Today a lady called, and when she had finished ordering her products she suddenly exclaimed, “I don’t know what to do my husband died and all these grandkids are coming and I miss my husband so badly.”
I said, “You are going to keep it moving forward Margaret, because that is what we do.”
“Yes.” She said. “That is what we do. Thank you.
And we hung up.
And the terrible grief pains of missing my mother, who passed away on Christmas Day of 2017 appeared. And it just became so clear that there are SO MANY people who have loved and lost, and who have gone through so many trials and tribulations.
– Running from feelings only prolongs them, and makes them bigger. Going to your feelings will make them shrink and go away. Its as simple as that.
– It really is okay to feel whatever you feel.
-Feelings, though they may be painful, will generally pass quickly , unless you refuse them.
People say to me all the time “I don’t want to slow down, because then I will have to feel those feelings.” This is exactly why so many of us live in the mind instead of as the souls that we actually are. The soul is left dormant, unattended, and asleep, and we live completely in our minds. Many people are even surprised to find out that they have a soul, that there is a “self” in there.