Sign up for our mailing list.
Search this site!
- Instant Gratification
- I Miss You!
- Right Now
- I Have What I Need Today
- Staying Calm In the Storm
- You Are Plenty Good Enough
- Keep It Moving Forward/You Are Not Alone!
- When It is Time
- Coming To!
- Maybe It’s Time To Do What Makes No Sense
- Your Best!
- Roy Eugene Davis 1931-2019
- What We Are, “Trying to BE!”
- The, “Inner Transformation”
- Emotional Balance
- Let It Out
- How You Feel About What You Feel
- A Meditation/Imagination Exercise
- Superiority. It’s An Epidemic
- Being Okay When It Is Not Okay
- What Do You See?
- Change What You Can
- Your, “Spiritual Practice”
- “Come Sunday” (An Expansion of Consciousness)
- The Need to Attack
- Kathleen Annie Mitchell Shiver 1940-2017
- When It All Goes Out the Window
- Underneath the Skin
- The Broken
- Coming Up to Be Healed
- One Last Look
- Prayer and Perception
- The Misperception of Perception
- A Log Truck Driver Meditates
- Getting Answers
- So What?
- There Is A Plan
- A Humbling Vision
- Life Is Like A Relay Race
- What If You Already Are?
- The Expanding Consciousness
- Getting Sucked In To the News
- On Easter
- The “Work” of Meditation
- Not A Cloud In the Sky (An Omen?)
- The Crisis at Mid-Life
- On Being Content
- We Are A Lot Alike
- You Only Get To Do This Once
- God is All and All is God
All PostsClick here to view the list of all posts by title
Tag Archives: living in the now
It has been a while since the last blog. Actually this is the first one of 2020! (So, “Happy New Year!”)
My path has led me into trying different things, and saying, “yes” to different opportunities, and just opening up to Spirit in new ways. Meanwhile, maintaining all the things that were already in my life.
Often I’d like to wait until a certain thing gets taken care of, until I finish grieving my mother, until I can have the surgery to repair my eyes, … you know
When I am thinking a lot, it is either about a resentment, or it is about my “next big thing”. Sometimes it is about trying to make a decision, and I just cannot figure out what to do.
When I’m thinking a lot, there isn’t much emphasis on what is happening right now in this present moment, and this becomes a problem. It seems ironic to me how “thinking” and “problems” seem to go together hand in hand.
The younger students I work with are typically not sure what they want to do and are faltering all together because of that. Faced with these gigantic decisions so early in life can sometimes be too much. There is pressure from home, they pressure themselves, and besides having to make such huge decisions, they are faced with many distractions to wade through.
“I AM okay just the way I AM. Right where I live, right where I am working, with what I possess. I AM whole and complete right here and right now! I am a creation of the Creator!”
The idea that I want to share with you today is this: If what you have isn’t enough, hiding in a very subtle way behind those feelings is the little voice that says “I am not enough“. It’s a simple enough equation to work out, and here is an example:
1) I want a nice new car!
2) Why don’t I have one?
3) Because I can’t afford it
4) Because I am just a musician(excuse) and didn’t go to school and I haven’t been as successful as I would have liked and things haven’t gone my way.(victim)
5) But I am going to keep trying to work towards it, I am going to try harder(I haven’t tried hard enough), work harder(I haven’t worked hard enough), do this instead of that(I was doing it wrong), and one day I will get there.(Because here is not okay)