Sign up for our mailing list.
Search this site!
- Serenity, Courage, and Wisdom
- Instant Gratification
- I Miss You!
- Right Now
- I Have What I Need Today
- Staying Calm In the Storm
- You Are Plenty Good Enough
- Keep It Moving Forward/You Are Not Alone!
- When It is Time
- Coming To!
- Maybe It’s Time To Do What Makes No Sense
- Your Best!
- Roy Eugene Davis 1931-2019
- What We Are, “Trying to BE!”
- The, “Inner Transformation”
- Emotional Balance
- Let It Out
- How You Feel About What You Feel
- A Meditation/Imagination Exercise
- Superiority. It’s An Epidemic
- Being Okay When It Is Not Okay
- What Do You See?
- Change What You Can
- Your, “Spiritual Practice”
- “Come Sunday” (An Expansion of Consciousness)
- The Need to Attack
- Kathleen Annie Mitchell Shiver 1940-2017
- When It All Goes Out the Window
- Underneath the Skin
- The Broken
- Coming Up to Be Healed
- One Last Look
- Prayer and Perception
- The Misperception of Perception
- A Log Truck Driver Meditates
- Getting Answers
- So What?
- There Is A Plan
- A Humbling Vision
- Life Is Like A Relay Race
- What If You Already Are?
- The Expanding Consciousness
- Getting Sucked In To the News
- On Easter
- The “Work” of Meditation
- Not A Cloud In the Sky (An Omen?)
- The Crisis at Mid-Life
- On Being Content
- We Are A Lot Alike
- You Only Get To Do This Once
All PostsClick here to view the list of all posts by title
Tag Archives: exercise
The things that I can do that help me the most, that relax me the most, that heal me the most, are the last things on my mind during times of challenge or stress.
So I literally have to make a list of these things, and then be very aware and conscious that I actually do these things.
For me it can be simply sitting and playing guitar with no intention.(Such as learning a song for a gig) Just playing. Just enjoying the sounds and playing purely for myself.
Writing is also a go-to thing for me. Get involved in a writing project. Or a drawing/art project, or why not meditate more often and sit in the stillness? Or take a walk around the neighborhood and admire the scenery.
And there have been plenty of both.
But you know… there are those downs that are really down. The worst has happened, and you just don’t feel any hope or faith in anything anymore.
But yet you are still alive.
If you have survived one of these though, you can look back on it and know that you survived the last time you felt this way.
And you will survive again.
I sometimes envy those people who seem to never change. They are always the same. But I know that they too go through changes in life, as does everyone else.
First off, let me say that the word “depression” gets tossed around a lot. Though we may say, “I’m depressed”, or hear someone else say it, we do need to keep in mind that the word can mean, “I am bummed because I lost my job and haven’t found another one”, OR it can mean something a lot more serious than that.
Searching around on the internet I found a lot of information about symptoms of depression, and while searching, I came across an article called “The Five Symptoms of Depression” (see the article HERE)